Mr. Amit Burman
Mr. Amit Burman, is responsible for Dabur India's foray into processed foods business with the setting up of Dabur Foods Ltd. It is to Amit's credit today that Dabur Real and Hommade are household names. He is also responsible for driving all business strategy, development and communications at Dabur Foods.
Amit took on the responsibilities as the CEO of Dabur Foods in 1999 and forayed into the processed foods business with a range of ethnic cooking pastes & chutneys and packaged fruit juices. Amit stepped down as the CEO of Dabur Foods when the company was merged into Dabur India Ltd in July 2007. He was then appointed the Vice Chairman of Dabur India Ltd. He took charge as the Chairman of Dabur India Ltd in 2019 and stepped down as the chairman in Aug 2022.
Amit started his career at Dabur's Industrial Engineering Department where he was responsible for induction of machinery, method improvements, manpower reduction and improving product packaging.
Amit obtained valuable experience at Colgate Palmolive, New York, USA where he worked in the Manufacturing Strategy Department, which operated as the internal consultants to the organization. Here he was responsible for a study done for the optimized location of Colgate's factories and warehouses. He also worked for six months at the Kansas plant which manufactured soaps and detergents. In 1990 he trained at Tishcon Corporation New York, USA where he was responsible for safety of stock and optimum inventories.
Amit holds a MBA degree from University of Cambridge, a M.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering from Columbia University, USA and a B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering from Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA.
Amit is married to Divya and they have a daughter and a son. He has a private pilot's license and enjoys flying. A fitness freak he likes swimming and spending time with his family.
List of Other Directorships
- A.B. Propmart P Ltd.
- Angel Softech Private Limited
- Azure Infotech Private Limited
- Chowdry Associates
- Consortium Consumer care Pvt Ltd.
- Jetage Infrastructure Ltd.
- Dabur Nepal Private Limited
- Dabur Securities Pvt Ltd.
- Gyan Enterprises Private Limited
- H & B Stores Ltd.
- Lite Bite Foods Private Limited
- Lite Eat Out Food Pvt Ltd.
- Natures Bounty Wines and Allied Products Pvt Ltd.
- Oriental Structural Enginers Pvt Ltd.
- Q H Talbros Limited
- Ratna Commercial Enterprises Private Limited
- Shree Investments Pvt. Ltd.
- Sunrise Medicare Private Limited
- Talbros Automative Components Ltd.
- Welltime Gold Investment Private Ltd.
- Wrapster Foods Pvt.Ltd.
- Micromax Informatics Ltd.
- Dermoviva Skin Essentials Inc.
- Hobi Kosmetik
- Passionate Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Dabur International Ltd.