Know your symptom - Find your home remedy
Ayurveda talks about the overall well-being of the body and so by just taking the remedy you cannot achieve complete health. There are other things that one needs to support it to be able to stay healthy, happy and rejuvenated. By using a variety and combination of medicinal plants and spices with detoxification value and combined with specific diet and lifestyle changes, Ayurveda aims to re-balance body, mind and spirit.
The ingredients contained in most of the Ayurvedic home remedies work against disease causing organism through various means such as:
- They kill the micro-organisms
- They prevent their multiplication
- They block or interfere with crucial processes that can lead to the survival of microorganisms e.g. they can stop cell wall formation in fungi that causes yeast infection
- They make the environment un-conducive for the micro-organisms to survive
- They boost the immune system making the body able to fight micro-organism through the first line of defense
Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic home remedies are simple to use and prepare. Making the concoctions does not require expertise; anybody can prepare and administer them effectively. Ingredients can be fetched easily from the kitchen and they do not require long preparation time. Since, they are made using natural everyday ingredients, they are non-toxic and pose no harm to your health.
Anything that is easily available in or around your home, and has a medicinal use, may be used as a home remedy. Most Ayurvedic home remedies are a blend of commonly used herbs and spices that are concocted together into a potent mix to cure common symptoms or prevent any ailment.
Substances such as clove, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, fennel, rock salt, turmeric, coriander, ginger, honey, licorice, garlic, onion, Holy Basil and mint are generally regarded as effective home remedies. Ayurveda also prescribes some exercises, massaging techniques, aromas and cleansing therapies as natural home remedies. In some cases, even a proper diet can be a home remedy as it reduces the severity of symptoms experienced and avoids unintended aggravation of the condition.
The Ayurvedic approach to illness is holistic and therefore after an Ayurvedic treatment a patient will find an improvement in their mental, physical and psychological conditions. The ingredients utilized in Ayurvedic medicines are mostly derived from plants, herbs, flowers, fruits, etc. making it a remedy close to nature and many more benefits of Ayurveda are as follows.
Some of the most commonly known benefits of Ayurvedic home remedies include:
- They have fewer side effects and these are mild.
- They have no chemicals that could be harmful to the body
- They are cheap and easy to find. They can be found in one’s backyard, farm or readily in the market at cheap rates.
- They are more effective against many illnesses. One kind of home remedy can be used to treat several types of other illnesses
- It emphasis on preventive as well as curative form of medicine
- It is most effective in natural treatment to detoxify the body from any toxins and harmful chemicals
- Establishes a perfect balance between mind, body and soul that aids in achieving the goal of perfect health
Panchakarma is the process for getting rid of impurities and food that interfere with how the body should ideally work. Administering oils, enemas, and massage therapy help get the body moving from the tissue levels to the intestinal levels as impurities get released from the system. Using the nurturing touch of Ayurvedic remedies for a blissful happy, healthy life is therefore highly recommended.
The Ayurvedic home remedies given on the site Dabur, one of the best Ayurveda company, are based on the therapeutic usage's of Ayurvedic plants & herbs as mentioned in Indian Ayurveda. These can be taken for minor ailments but are no way substitute of a physicians diagnosis. If the problem persists, consult your doctor immediately. Although these remedies are generally safe for the public and usually have no side effects but Dabur advises that these be practised / taken at the user's sole discretion.