Mr. P. N. Vijay
DATE OF BIRTH
10th July, 1951
1972-1978 State Bank of India
Local Head Office, Chennai
Officer: Credit Appraisal Cell
-Was involved in financing of large companies in South India
1978-1985 ANZ Grind lays Bank
Merchant Banking Division
- Underwent training overseas in international aspects of corporate finance, capital markets etc.
- Last position held: India Head of International Finance activities
Vice President & Country Head, Merchant Banking
- Was involved in advising various American and Japanese multinational companies In making Investments Into India.
- Was also involved in the privatization of Latin American companies
1990-till date P.N. Vijay Financial Services (P) Ltd.
(Self-promoted Merchant Banking company)
- The company is authorized by SEBI to carry out a whole range of merchant banking activities.
- Types of services provided: fund raising, mergers and acquisitions, investment and portfolio advisory services.
1969-1972 Indian Institute of Technology Chennai . Post-graduation with specialization in electronics.
1967-1969 Presidency College Chennai. Graduation in Physics
Political : Convenor of the Central Economic Cell, Bharatiya Janata Party
Investor Education : Has been actively involved in the cause of educating retail investors through various channels. Member of the Investment Protection Fund Committee of the Govt of India.
Media : -Frequent interviews on Star News, CNBC, Doordarshan etc.
-Regular column in leading publications like Financial Express, Economic Times etc.
Spiritual : -Vice President, Raman Kendra, Delhi and Editor of its magazine Direct Path. -Trustee, Sujnana Trust, Puthige Matt, Udipi
List of Other Directorships
- Reed Relay & Electronics India Limited
- One97 Communications Ltd