Honey For Eczema
Eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is a persistent inflammation of the skin's outer layer. Eczema can cause several skin problems, such as, redness, inflammation, blisters, irritating skin, etc. Children are more prone to developing eczema. However, it can be a problem in adults too, that can project them as unattractive individuals. But don’t worry, we have got a cure. When the conventional therapy on eczema seems to be not working, don’t worry, honey is there for your rescue. Honey is used for the treatment of infected wounds since ages. How does honey heal eczema? The antibacterial properties of honey are responsible for its healing properties. It also helps in maintaining the moist condition.
Can Honey Cure Eczema?
There are many health benefits of honey since history, with the ancient Greeks and Romans exploiting the healing properties of honey thousands of years ago. The antibacterial quality of honey has proved beneficial in wound management, so it was a popular treatment method during the First World War. We all know, goodness always pins down evil to the ground and wins the fight. In the same way, honey always manages to defeat eczema. Honey for eczema is the most effective way to see considerable improvements in some weeks. Most of the doctors have recommended to consume a certain amount of honey for allergy relief.
Benefits of Honey for Eczema Cure :
- Eczema patients are vulnerable to topical infections, like staphylococcus, which can be easily fought by the anti-bacterial properties of honey.
- Honey contains moisture that is helpful in fighting dryness.
- Honey gives protection to the skin
- Honey has high viscosity that prevents infection from spreading by providing a shield to it.
The above benefits definitely is the answer to the question, ‘Is honey good for eczema?’
Eczema Remedies Using Honey:
Honey and Cinnamon for Eczema Cure :
- Take 2 tablespoons on cinnamon powder and two spoons of honey.
- Mix these two ingredients together.
- Apply this concoction on the infected areas and keep it for 20 minutes.
- You might feel a burning sensation on your skin, don’t worry, bear with it for some time.
Juices and Honey for Eczema Cure :
Honey can be mixed with a variety of juices such as lemon juice and apple cider vinegar for eczema cure.
For the best results, you should consume this mixture in the morning to get fantastic results.
- Take a tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey.
- Also, take a glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix warm water with honey and lemon juice and stir well.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can add two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water.
Honey As Dressing :
It is recommended that people who are suffering from eczema and other skin diseases should abstain from processed sugars and rich spices. Hence, the poor souls should can shut these cravings by adding honey to food items like juices, deserts and salads. Incorporating this habit not only gives you taste benefits but also health benefits.
Grab a bottle of Dabur Honey today!