HONEY LEMON DHOKLA
Do it the Gujarati way. Make the Dhokla with Lemon & Honey recipe have a good time with your family during your evenings.
- For Dhokla batter: 1 cup Besan
- 1 tbsp Dabur Honey
- 1 tsp Salt – or as per taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Refined oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Soda
- For tempering: 1 tbsp Refined oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 10-12 leaves Curry leaves
- 4-5 nos. Green chillies (slit)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dabur Honey
- 1/2 cup Water
- For garnishing: 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped).
- Seive besan in a big glass bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Add Dabur Honey, salt, lemon juice, turmeric, ginger-green chilli paste, refined oil and water to make a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 glass of water in a pressure cooker and set the grill.
- Grease the pressure cooker’s separator mold (or any flat based metal bowl) using a little oil and place it on the grill.
- Now add soda in the prepared batter and mix it well in one direction.
- Few air bubbles will start forming in the batter.
- Pour this mixture into the greased separator mold.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker (without the whistle/vent weight).
- Cook on high heat for 4 mins and then on a low heat for another 4-5 mins.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool. You can cut the set batter in desirable shapes while it’s still slightly warm.
- For tempering, heat oil in a small pan and add hing and black mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start to splatter, add curry leaves and slit green chillies to it.
- Add water, salt, dabur honey and let it come to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Pour this tempering liquid (while it’s still hot) on the cut dhokla pieces.
- Allow the dhokla to soak in the tempering liquid and cool down to room temperature.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves, before serving.
- Preparation Time: 20 mins.
- Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- Serves: 4.
Take the first step towards a healthier life today! Learn how you can turn the simplest
foods into healthier snacks with Dabur Honey. With Dabur
Honey Recipes you can learn how to incorporate the various benefits of
honey into your daily diet.
Consumer voice has awarded Dabur Honey as
the No.1 Honey brand in India and this is a big enough reason for you to try out
one of the Best Honey Brands in India today!
Grab a bottle of Dabur Honey today!