How To Lose Fat – Exercises To Manage Weight
Let's admit it, every time we talk about wanting to manage weight, it's more about losing the inches of flab than about the numbers showing on the weighing machine. And most women have certain problem areas like the tummy, waist, hips, thighs or the butt etc. And that is the reason we tackle these areas specifically in the exercise tips below. Combine these exercises with the Honey Diet for a toned and fit body.
- Exercise for the stomach: Swan dive
Get over the crunches and try this less stressful but equally effective exercise. Lie on your stomach and stretch your arms ahead while pointing your toes. Now, lift your arms and legs about 6 inches off the ground. Hold for 1 count, imagining your legs being pulled out and back, away from your hips. Next, circle your arms out to the sides and behind you. Exhale and reach your arms toward your toes, palms facing in. Hold for 1 count, then bring arms back to starting position and relax entire body to ground. Repeat 6–8 times. Information courtesy Health.com
- Exercise for the waist: The ‘Hundred' ExerciseYou can reduce the size of your waist by lying on your back and lifting your legs up to a 90 degree angle and your shoulder blades off the floor. Begin by pumping your arms straight out to the side and repeat for 100 pumps. Breathe in through the nose for five pumps and out through the mouth for five pumps. PS: This exercise is great for abs as well. Information courtesy Wikihow.com
- Exercise for thighs: Standing Side KickStand with your legs apart & hands on your hips and slowly extend your right leg to the side at hip height in 3 full counts. Ensure that you keep the inner thigh parallel to the floor. Now, hold for 1 count and then take 3 counts to lower to floor. Do this 15 times and then switch sides. PS: This exercise also helps reduce the hips. Information courtesy FItnessmagazine.com
- Exercise for hips: Star JumpThis exercise is high on energy and so it also helps to burn a lot of calories. Begin in a standing position with your feet together and arms at your sides. Slowly lower yourself into a squat and move your hands in front of your shins. Now, quickly jump off the floor and move your arms and legs out to your sides in an "X" pattern. Before you land, move your arms and legs back in. Lower yourself back down immediately and repeat. Information courtesy Livestrong.com
- Exercise for the butt: WarriorWho doesn't like a nice, toned butt? Try the Warrior exercise to look sexy in skirts and dresses. Stand with your feet together and lift your left leg with a pointed toe, putting your body weight onto the standing, right leg. Continue to lift your leg and drop the head & torso so they form a straight horizontal line from head to toe with the arms at your sides. Now, engage your core and make sure the left thigh, hip and the toes are aligned. Remain facing down and keep your back as straight as possible. Ensure your right knee doesn't lock and focus the weight on the middle of the foot. Hold for 5 breaths and then slowly return to standing. Now, switch legs and repeat. Information courtesy Health.com
Grab a bottle of Dabur Honey today!
Keep up to date with our newsletter
- Exercise for the waist: The ‘Hundred' Exercise