Honey -This Golden liquid dates it’s consumption back to over 4000 years.
This is not because of its sweet taste but due to it’s numerous immunity building
and health benefits. Across the globe, our ancestors seemed to be well aware of
health benefits of honey. When taken along with other natural ingredients
and herbs, honey can give work magnificently on our body to give it the much needed
energy, strength and healthier
immune system to lead a disease free life in today’s not so healthy
a most favored ingredients in ayurvedic preparations as it is considered to affect
all three of the body’s primitive material imbalances positively and is
useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, , Respiratory disorders and nausea.
Here are some other magical benefits of honey -
- Honey contains flavonoids & antioxidants which is good for cardiac health. Honey
has healing properties.
- Honey has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal because the bees add an enzyme
that makes hydrogen peroxide.
- It has now been verified with modern studies, showing that honey is superior in
maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.
- Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the similar to white sugar or
artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps
the body regulate blood sugar levels.
- Honey is said to be probiotic in nature as some varieties of honey possess large
amounts of friendly bacteria and this sure explains us about its mysterious therapeutic
- Some varieties of honey are said stimulate the production of immune cells thus helping
immunity boosting food has high antioxidants and said to have
immune boosting properties.
- Improves digestion
- Good for skin health.
- Useful in weight management
Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” in
Ayurveda due to its above mentioned benefits and also due it’s quality
of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body. When honey is used with other herbal
preparations, it enhances the medicinal qualities of those preparations and also
helps them to reach the deeper tissues.
Visit our immunity blog to learn how to increase immunity and improve the body's resistance power. Check out our top home remedies to improve immunity power and protect yourself from diseases.