|Acne being associated often with adolescence, is termed as Yuvanapidika in Ayurveda.
Vitiation of Pitta and Kapha are generally involved in the outburst of pimples.
Acne due to Pitta vitiation are generally red, soft, small and tend to be aggravated in hot weather.
On the other hand, in a Kapha type, the lesions are pale, hard, fairly large, have an oily
secretion and tend to aggravate in cold weather.
Herbalised Bentonite clay
Indian lilac-powdered leaves
Camphor a pinch
Sandalwood oil for fragrance.
- Sticking to a proper eating schedule and avoid excess intake of tea, coffee, pickles, fatty diets, aerated drinks, etc. prevent the appearance of acne. Chronic constipation should be taken care of well in advance.
- Wash the face properly with water and wipe it with a clean towel. Apply honey on the entire face with the help of cotton and leave it overnight. Wash off the honey in the morning with water and lemon juice. Practicing this for several days helps in curing pimples.
- Slice a healthy and fresh cucumber and apply the slices over the face, eyes, neck etc. Leave them on for half an hour. It is a good tonic for the face and its regular use prevents pimples and black heads.
- Finely powder 20 gms each of Indian gooseberry and Beleric myrobalan. Add an equal amount of finely powdered gram flour and a spoonful of honey, a pinch of turmeric powder and a cup of milk. Mix this solution properly and apply on the face and let it dry well. Wash the face with cold water and try avoiding exposure to dust. Repeating this exercise for several days restricts the occurrence of pimples.
- Make a fine paste of 100 gms of finely powdered gram flour, two spoons of curd, and a few drops of sandalwood oil. To this add 1/2 a teaspoonful of lime juice and mix well. Apply the paste on the face and wait for about an hour. Wash the face with cold water. Repeating this for several days will help you maintain a smooth skin.
- Decoction of the leaves of Indian pennywort is a recognised blood purifier. About 50 gms of leaves are boiled in water for 3-4 hours. Strain the decoction through a thin cloth. This decoction should be taken with lukewarm milk. Regular use of this remedy for several days acts as a good blood purifier, effectively controlling the acne problem.
- The juice of the fresh fruit of the Indian gooseberry is taken with clarified butter and honey to purify the blood. If fresh fruit is not available, mix 20 gms powder of the fruit with a teaspoonful of honey and clarified butter, and consume it. This paste is regarded as a potent blood purifier.